The Intrepid crew showcased a live-stream today which had a number of cool highlights about how things are progressing with the game. Be sure to check it out!
Some highlights from the stream include:
Alpha 1 Timing
Phase 1 - Starting next month!
- Open World Battlegrounds - up to 100 players (and ramping upwards from there). Match-making process to test the action combat system.
- Quick PvP matches allowing players to stay in the action and hit the servers hard.
- At first, Alpha 1 will be limited to certain fixed play sessions, but later it will be opened for 24/7 access.
Phase 2 - Coming later, starting after Phase 1
- A 125 km2 area
- Progression to level 20. Compared to progression to 10 in A0.
- Four playable races
- Attribute and skill progression.
- Character customization suite.
- All 8 base archetypes playable.
- Basics of the housing system - placeable holds
- Crafting and artisan systems
- Node progression up to stage 4 (City)
- PvE Questing and society guild systems (NPC guilds)
- Two world servers - to be announced at PAX Prime
- Name reservation for Alpha 1 participants.
The showcase of the stream was a combat video showing the latest in-development progress of action combat in Alpha One. Here's a clip from the video, but there is more footage in the stream itself.
After the video the devs discussed some interesting engineering problems that have gone into creating the framework for this combat experience.
What did you think about the stream? What were the highlights for you? Let us know in the comments!